What is Sedation Dentistry?
A dental service that allows you to partially or completely relax during your appointment at our office here in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
Levels of Relaxation
Depending on your specific condition and assuming you need something to relax for the appointment, there are two options for you:
1. General Anesthesia: For the most fearful, orally sensitive, have medical conditions and a lot of kids under age 12.
In general anesthesia, you would be fully asleep during your appointment.
A dedicated team of specialists are there to help you through the whole process.
When you wake, your appointment would be all done.
We generally ask that you have someone to help you get home.
2. Oral Conscious Sedation (we do not offer this): For those that require a level of relaxation greater than available at most dental appointments but not need full sleep.
Oral conscious sedation is achieved through a pill. It is not a general anestethic and you wouldn’t be fully asleep. Instead, you would achieve a lower level of consciousness that provides greater relaxation and comfort during your appointment.
We currently do not offer oral conscious sedation.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the Benefits?
- Comfort-bringing experience allowing patients to relax.
- Facilitates fast and efficient dental treatments
- Prevents putting oral health at risk when dental issues are ignored.
- Prevents any future extensive dental procedures.
Is Sedation Dentistry Safe?
Yes sedation dentistry is safe for most people, however, there are risk factors. Please consult with us if you want to explore these options for any specific risk factors.
How do I know if it’s right for me?
Simply fill out the contact form or call us at 289-271-0021 for free, friendly advice. We especially cater to the dentally anxious and will walk through the entire treatment.